My lovely Blogger followers!

Friday 4 December 2009

And the winner is...and a boy's birthday card

Just to keep you in suspense (but also because I'm so proud of making a card whilst being really tired looking after a new puppy, getting up at 3am to take it into the [freezing cold] garden), here is a card I made for my nephew who lives in Hong Kong and will be 9 years old on Xmas Eve. Last international posting from the UK today so had to knock it up quickly last night, but I really like it! Maybe that's the trick - don't put too much thought into it!!




I poked two holes either side of the monster's hand to tie the black string to. I quite impressed myself with that one, LOL!! Goodness, need a full night's sleep...finding daft things funny...obviously delirious...

On to the blog candy! Today is the day to announce my first blog candy giveaway! But first, a big thank you to all of you who become 'followers' - now I don't look so sad! LOL! I think I've mentioned before that I don't actually have any crafty friends, well 'real' friends, because I've made lots of virtual blog friends since starting my blog - you lovely lot! Here is the prize...



Anyway, I don't know how to use that online random picker so my lovely hubby, Steve did the honours by picking one of your names out of a box - here he is in action....



And the winner is...



Well done Diana! Email me your address and I'll post it to you asap! However, all you other lovely ladies who joined in too, send me your addresses and I'll send you a [very] little something too!



Papers/cardstock: various Bazzill cardstock, Cosmo Cricket Boyfriend paper pad
Stamps: October Afternoon Night Light (monster), My Favorite Things Going Places (sentiment)
Mediums: Copic Caios, Memento black inkpad
Accents: American Crafts ribbon, black thin 'rope' from stash
Tools: EK Success Binder Edge edger punch

4 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

What a fun card! I love the cheerful colours and the balloon string.

Silli said...

Hello Mary, your card is so sweet!!! Love the fum image! Congrats for the winner...;-) Big hugs! and happy weekend...

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Mary - love your card for your nephew - the colours are great with that image! Your quick card is perfect for you young boy - well done!! I have hand raised 5 puppies from birth - so 'I hear you girl!!' Hope you get some sleep - it does get better! Thanks for sharing! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

Nana Diana said...

Great card Mary!! Any little boy would love it. I love how you did the balloon, it looks awesome!! Also, thanks so much for the blog candy win, I will look forward to receiving it. I do feel badly though that you have to send it all the way to Canada!! Maybe I should come and get it, Ha Ha!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin