My lovely Blogger followers!

Monday 4 October 2010

Flutter by butterfly

Before I get onto today's card, thank you all, my lovely blog friends, for your encouraging and kind words about my new job (and the bad ones about the horrid lady, lol!).  I don't complain much so it was very therapeutic writing it down and then getting such a great response from you all!

So onto today's card that does NOT use a stamp - no kidding!  I used this week's Paper Sundae challenge to use stuff from your stash - and boy did I - chipboard, crackle paint (never opened), crochet flower, ribbon!   I came up with this....


I really must use my old stock up so I am going to try to use some for each card I make from now on.  I did say "try", don't hold me to it!

Don't forget my blog candy to inspire me to create a card using banners, birds, trees, etc -you can even link up (in the comments section here) an old post ) - I just need some inspiration!  Off to do a pile of ironing {{hmmmph}}, back tomorrow with the Ladybug Crafts Ink blog hop!


Paper/cardstock: Bazzill cardstock, BasicGrey Nook & Pantry paper pad

Stamps: Elzybells sentiment
Mediums: Distress Antique Linen ink, acrylic paint, Distress crackle paint (for the chipboard scallop circle)
Accents: crochet flower, ribbon, button and lace from stash, butterfly and scallop circle chipboards from stash
Tools: Magnolia doily and border dies, Nestabilities label die (inside), butterfly punch

9 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Congrats on your new job and getting rid off a negative influence on your life!

This card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the vintagey feel and colour scheme.

Lisa Jane said...

Hi Mary - congratulations , not sure i said it before! Glad you can get away from the not nice person! Can i come with you ?
Love the card - great to see a different style - and you have cracked it .. or should that be crackled it!
Lisa ;)

Highland Handmade said...

Beautiful card xxx well done on the new job xx

Lorraine said...

Beautiful card! I have a lot of unused stuff in my stash, too!

Pattie said...

My what a big, beautiful butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a pretty card!

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

wow!!! Love this card, the colours are gorgeous x

Fiona said...

this is very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

Crystal said...

So gorgeous! love the layout & wonderful butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin