My lovely Blogger followers!

Thursday 26 May 2011

Gathering love - take 2!

Happy Thursday everyone!  Today I'm here to share with you my current faves over at Quixotic Paperie!  Did you see the SCACD blog hop last Friday showcasing the new Natural Beauty Collection release by Carmen Medlin?  Wow, every single one really is beautiful!  I made a rather hot card for the hop (see here) and I wanted to try a more muted one...


I don't normally do shabby chic/vintage but I'm really enjoying experimenting with this style!  This is Gathering Love and Elaine has a special offer ending 27 May - if you buy four or more from this new collection, she will throw in a free stamp!  She will even throw in a free stamp if you buy the full set at the current special price of £29.99 (that's 25% off if you buy all the stamps individually!).

So I matched up this beautify with gorgeous papers from the paper pack Pixie by Memory Box and the creamy rich lace by Alencon lace by Prima.   I did the stitching using the Zig Zag piercer head with my Sew Easy Tool.

I also used the lasercut chipboard by Make It Crafty -  I can't believe the level of detail of this chipboard!  I first gave the chipboard a rough cover of gesso, then dabbed Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Antique Linen over it and lastly rubbed on Viva Decor Glitter Liner in Gold with my finger.  I finished them off with 4mm iridescent pearls in Hyacinth Lilac - here's a close up...




I likey this style!  I'm going to be doing more of this in the future!  That's it from me today - thanks for visiting!


I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Paper/cardstock: Bazzill cardstock, Bazzill bling cardstock for card base, Pixie by Memory Box
Stamps: Gathering Love by
Carmen Medlin for SCACD
Tools: Nestabilities circle dies, Tim Holtz Distressign Tool, Zig Zag piercer head with my Sew Easy Tool

16 comments:

cowboydutrem said...

Beautiful card!!! Love the image of course, I already said that on the previous card with that same image, but on this card the "wow!" factor is for the heart and corners... Just wonderful!!!

Squirrel x said...

Wow hun, this is a stunner! I really struggle with this style but you have nailed it. Great image and superb colouring. Love all the pretty details too. Hugs, Sxx

Highland Handmade said...

Stunning! love the chipboard corner and your colouring is beautiful x

heidy said...

Wow Mary J,your vintage shabby look works great!
Thats one beauty!!
Hugs Heidy

Lisa Jane said...

Gorgeous colours Mary .. i just love the chipboard embellies .. so pretty
Lisa x

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello MaryJ .
Lovely card .Perfect example of shabby /vintage .Love that vintage lace and your work on the chipboard corner

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! Beautifully coloured image and gorgeous embellishments. Absolutely stunning!

Silli said...

Hello sweetie, your card is fabulous! LOVE your wonderful coloring! HUGS

Seafield Jo said...

This is gorgeous, love your layout and colours. It's fab. Jo x

Crystal said...

Mary WOOOOWEE is this ever soooo gorgeous!!!! Amazing work sweetie! I hope you are having a wonderful week, so sorry I have been MIA, lots of end of school stuff going on :))))

Dawn♥ said...

Breathtaking GORGEOUS MaryJ. Love vintage cards and you did a remarkable job. Love it. Dawn♥

Susana M said...

Hi Mary J
Well I have to concur this def has the WOW factor and the lasercut embelly is awesome!!!
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Fabiola said...

oh la la quel chic, quelle classe... superbe carte, tout en détails trop chouette! biz

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous Mary, what a great image and fab colouring.
luv
debby

Antonella said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love the colors and the beautiful flowers! Hugs, antonella :-)

Lorraine said...

Wow, Mary, what a gorgeous shabby chic/vintage card! I love it. Such beautiful coloring of the sweet new image and I love what you did with the chipboard - wow!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin