My lovely Blogger followers!

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Summer fun over at A Spoonful of Sugar!

(Please scroll down for my TLT DT post)

 This week's challenge over at A Spoonful of Sugar is here comes summer!  So anything summery - images, colours - it's your interpretation!  Here is my card...

 
 

I went for a fresh summery colours - quite the opposite for our current summer in the UK right now!!  I used Garden Mae from Some Odd Girl.  I also paper pieced her top and scarf.  I think the papers were a freebie from a mag, Pink Petticoat perhaps (grey matter is going!!)I used My Favorite Things flower die (from Dies to Die For here), label die (here) and the sentiment is from the polka dot sentiment set (here). 

Anyway, if anyone has any sun, can you puuurrrlease send some over to the UK?!!  Thanks for visiting!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Paper/cardstock: Bazzill cardstock, free Pink Petticoat papers
Stamps: 
Garden Mae from Some Odd Girl, My Favorite Things polka dot sentiment set (here)
Mediums: Copics
Accents: gingham ribbon from stash, Dew Drops, Bazzill floss
Tools: Sizzix embossing folder, Martha Stewart border punch, My Favorite Things flower die (from Dies to Die For here), label die (here), Nestabilities label die inside card

24 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Gorgeous summery colours Mary ; LOve that ruffled ribbon
Lisa x

Sally said...

Oooohh love the ribbon that looks fab. Great summery feeling card. We have the sun in Suffolk at the moment let's keep our fingers crossed it continues. Mind you got lots of colouring done yesterday......heheheeeee.
Have a great day
Hugs Sally xxx

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this is such a beautiful card I love the soft fresh colours & I sooooo love some odd girl they are just fab hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Well, we have more sun and heat that we can bear so you're welcome to it :-)
Your card is so pretty and the image is really cute.

Highland Handmade said...

This is so pretty, love the layout you have used and what a cutey image! x

Chrissy said...

Well I tried yesterday to send the sun over your way.. but it must have gotten lost...cause it ain't back here..brrr...lol
Love your card, such very pretty papers, and I love the ruffled ribbon.Cute image...and thats is very tiny paper piecing.
Luv CHRISSYxx

heidy said...

Oh Mary J what a sweetie and love the ribbon!
Hugs Heidy

Amanda R said...

Another wonderful card Mary! You have been busy but as always, definitely a good use of time!

Kathleen said...

Such a pretty card, a cute image and a great layout.

Kath x

Anita said...

This is adorable! Of course I love your SOG and love the stitched ribbon too.

Unknown said...

yep you are definatley a bad influence on me lol.. I have just purchased my fist SOG stamp lol.. what a lovely card!!

Dawn♥ said...

What a fabulous looking card. Love the stitching. Thanks for playing along at Wags 'n Whiskers. Dawn♥

Tracey T said...

This is so pretty, Mary J. I love the ruched ribbon and it goes so well with your DP. Great to have you playing along at Sweet Stampin' this week! Love your work! Hugs, Tracey x

Anonymous said...

So pretty and feminine and I love the stitched ribbon. xx

Fabiola said...

ooohhh! trop mignonne! si craquante, biz

coops said...

stunning card mary.i love the pleated ribbon and pretty colours and the image and design is fab :D

xx coops xx

Zoe said...

I love your card, the image is gorgeous (going to search for this make when I'm finished here). The effect with the ribbon is fabby too! Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin this week, hugs x

Danni said...

This is so soft and pretty! Very feminine!! Gorgeous!

ahlers5 said...

What a lovely card. Ribbon looks great. Thanks for joining us at Wags 'n Whiskers.
Diane

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card Mary, great sentiment and fab layout!
Helen x

Dr Sonia S V said...

Lovely card.I like the way you have used the ribbon. So creative
Thank You for dropping by my blog and cheering me up

Sue U said...

Stunning, love the papers and super cute image!

Sue xx

Jennifer said...

This is beautiful! Love the papers and colours. I now feel very inspired. Thanks for playing at Sweet Stampin! xx Jenny xx

Carlie M. said...

This is such absolutely gorgeous! I love the images from Some Odd Girl! Thank you for joining us on Sweet Stampin! Make sure to stop by and enter into our new challenge!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin