My lovely Blogger followers!

Sunday 9 August 2009

Second week, second challenge

I love looking at other people's blogs and getting inspiration from their ideas. I get all excited and think "yeah, I could do that", "that would be a great technique to try out", etc, etc and then I don't get off my backside (nearly used a stronger word there!) and just do it, finding myself getting busy with something else! What is that about?!

With this in mind and thinking about what to create this week to challenge myself, I've decided to incorporate two things. First, a very special friend of mine is getting married at the end of August so obviously a wedding card needs to be created and, second, I've decided to use somebody's sketch challenge to do this. But which one? They are all so exciting!

While I go and have a look at the choices, I thought I would share a wedding card I've created before...




Oh bleh! Another one that I'm not proud of! In the early days of my cardmaking, supplies that were most readily available to me in my local shops were paper stock, paper flowers, mulberry paper and satin and sheer ribbon. So of course I got at least one of each and used them in this card! It's not an awful card I suppose, but I hadn't even considered at the time what my personal style was - I just threw it together. That's what I don't like about it - I didn't put any any thought into what I personally like at all!

I still tend do this and I really need to stop it! Definitely something I am going to avoid for my next challenge...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin