My lovely Blogger followers!

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Tons of texture challenge over at A Spoonful of Sugar

(Please scroll down for my Totally Ladybug Tuesday DT post)

This week's challenge over at A Spoonful of Sugar is tons of texture - I loved this one!!  You need to use at least two different types of texture on your creation and this is what I came up with...



I couldn't tell you where I bought my texture from - it's all recycled stuff that I found rooting around!  But as you can see, there's some sort of hessian for the background and the raffia (probably from a bouquet of flowers) wrapped around the matting.

This was so fun to make - I hope you get a chance to play too!  The other DT cards are at their best so get your shot of inspiration here!


Paper/cardstock: Bazzill cardstock, BasicGrey Granola papers
Stamps: TGF Creeper Crew collection 1
Mediums: Copics, Distress Ink in Antique Linen 
Accents: raffia and hessian
Tools: Nestabilities star dies, Tim Holtz distressing tool 

30 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! What an awesome card, Mary! It really rocks and I love how you've used recycled stuff on it.

Unknown said...

What an emotional card!

Lisa Jane said...

wow Mary J ..w ell for the lady that months ago only liked clean lines .. let me say .. YOU ROCK!! at this distressing lark lol
I love love love this card
Lisa x

debby4000 said...

Love the sweet image Mary, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Mary J . This card is definately textured .Has the WOW factor! I love it . Certainly packs a punch .

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

You Rock! Super cute and totally unexpected.

Nikbee said...

A fab card. I love all the texture you have used.

Nikki x

Pami said...

Super cute Mary! Loads of texture in this one! P x

Annika said...

loving it - looks so touchable and your colouring is just flawless!
Hugs
Annika

heidy said...

Oh wow,stunning card Mary J.
Hugs Heidy

Michelle said...

Hey Mary J this is awesome!! I love the image and the layering and texture is just fabulous.

Michelle :-)

Crystal said...

OMG OMG I SOOOO LOVE this rockin creation, your texture is out of this world fabulous!!!!!!!! Fantastic card Mary!

Unknown said...

ooohhhhh I like...very much!! This card is totally fabby!!

Katie said...

Oooohh, I love this! Gorgeous coloring and I love the textured background! It's the perfect card for a rockin' boy :)
xx Katie

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a rockin' card!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh Mary this does ROCK!!~

Fabiola said...

super fun et vraiment j'adore, biz

Kathleen said...

What a brilliant card. Love it.

Kath x

Vicky said...

Such a brilliant card hun! love the image and your super duper layout too..simply fabulous!..

hugs Vicky xx

Anonymous said...

Awesome creation Mary, love it!
Helen x

Diane's Card Designs said...

Oh Mary this is fab I must get this image....LOVE IT
Diane xx

Danni said...

You did a fab job on the texture! What a cool card!!

Anita said...

Fabulous card Mary J. Love all the texture and your coloring is fabulous.

cebelica said...

Fantastic card!

Monique said...

You totally Rocked this card Mary...Love Love all the texture,,, and he is so Kewl!! Amazing coloring :)..

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Mary, love the textured background, it sure rocks!!!
Clairexx

DesignerDiva said...

This card rocks too!
Laurie x

Sheri Gilson said...

WOW!! Super cool card!!

Denise Marzec said...

SUPER cool card! Love the coloring, stars, and raffia!

Lorraine said...

Ooh love this rockin' boy card! Love the textures! Sorry I'm so behind on all my blog hopping/commenting, lol.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin