My lovely Blogger followers!

Tuesday 22 March 2011

Embellishing fun over at A Spoonful of Sugar!

Today over at A Spoonful of Sugar, we are challenging you to use ribbon, pearls/gems and flowers - our favourite embellishing items so this will be an easy, peasy challenge for you all!  This is my DT card for it...


 
 


I am really enjoying using watercolouring with my Distress Inks with these cuties from Simply Sassy that you can buy from Funky Kits.  This one is called Bad Hare Day - brilliant!  I'm really getting into my shabby chic cards although I probably should have distressed the edges a bit!  I can't help it though - I love my clean lines!  Still, I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out.

And do you see that gorgeous ribbon?!!  The card was looking a bit flat but this antique gold lace velvet ribbon saved it from being boring!  I bought it from Ladybug Crafts Ink here.  I've also bought in a gorgeous pink version too - can't wait to use it!


I hope you like my card and you can see all the other gorgeous DT makes here.  Thanks for joining me and have a lovely day!




I am entering my card into this month's Bunny Zoe's challenge which is birthdays with lots of pearls and also into Make It Monday where you can just share your creativity!




Paper/cardstock: Bazzill cardstock, BasicGrey Wisteria paper pack
Stamps: Simply Sassy Bad Hare Day, Whimsy Friendship ticket sentiments (from Quixotic Paperie here)
Mediums: watercolouring with Distress Inks, Viva Decor Pearl Pen in cream (from Quixotic Paperie here)
Accents:  ribbons(from Ladybug Crafts Ink here), K&Co pearls
Tools: Whimsy Shapeology ticket die (from Quixotic Paper here), Magnolia border, doily and swirl dies (Bunny Zoe's Crafts has a great selection including these here), Martha Stewart butterfly punch, mini butterfly punch, My Favorite Things rolled rose and mini rolled rose flower dies, Nestabilities label die inside card

19 comments:

cebelica said...

This card is stunning. I love what you did with it!

Lisa Jane said...

oohh those papers are gorgeous as are the colours and the ribbon. Fab flowers
Lisa x

pinky said...

Another little beautiful, love the background papers with her.

Cazza said...

Love, love, LOVE IT Mary J!!! An absolutely gorgeous card, love all the embellies too - fabulous :o))
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

Fleur said...

Absolutly stunning ~ right up mt street.
Hugz Fleur xXx

Crystal said...

Oh my word Mary this is BEAUTIFUL!!! What a great image, love these papers, and those flowers are FANTASTIC!!!! Gorgeous!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Stunning colour combination and beautiful embellishments. I love that ribbon.

Pami said...

I love those papers Mary, beautiful. Flabby card as usual! Fabulous name for the image!! Pami x

Seafield Jo said...

This is a gorgeous card Mary, stunning colouring, I love it. Jo x

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card Sweetie! Love the colors!!

Fabiola said...

oh qu'elle est chou, toute mignonne! biz

Anonymous said...

Stunning Mary, love it! Fabulous papers and great embellishments!
Helen x

Kathleen said...

I am loving these images that are coming out with the lovely big eyes and even lucious lips.
My first thoughts were wow I wish I had a bad hair day like that, but then realsised that it was hare day. Believe you me my bad hair days are more like a Stampotique (spelling???) stamp.
Love the card

Kath x

Amanda R said...

Hey Mary! I am not a big sugar nellie fan (I know, gasp!) but this image and card is really cute. Have never tried the watercolors with distress inks but may have to pull them out and try after seeing your card. And yes, that ribbon is GORGEOUS! Good choice on Kerrys part!

Michelle said...

Hi Mary J

Fabulous card! I just love your rolled roses and the papers are just gorgeous. Loving that ribbon too!

Thank you for linking up to Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Crafteezee said...

Hi Mary, thank you for taking the time to comment on my Hippie Love card on the simply sassy blog. Your card is gorgeus, love the colour combo, one of my favouties, but I do have many. Also love those flowers, in fact everything. Gorgeous. Hugs Tracy x

Nic aka The Sticky Elf said...

Mary, I'm loving those flowers. Whole card is stunning (just for a change)

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous, Mary! Love the design, embellies and your coloring of that sweet sugar nellie image!

Mina said...

oooohhhhhh gorgeous card Mary and those BG papers are perfect for your Sassy girl...thanks for joining in with our Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin