My lovely Blogger followers!

Thursday 10 September 2009

Friday Sketch - my submission

Whew! Just getting this done in the nick of time! Was going to do this earlier in the week, but of course got caught up with other things, including making (for the first time) an envelope for my mum's card as it was way too fat for any of my stock ones! I made it and very pleased with myself as I didn't even use a template! I'm also quite pleased with my very first Xmas card of the season. I used Amy Rysavy's Friday Sketch.


If you haven't come across her yet, she designs for CC Designs (in the UK you can buy from Bunny Zoe's Crafts and Dies to Die For). I've never done one of her sketch's before but had to have a go as she's one of my fav designers and card creators. Anyway, here's my card...



It's not exact to Amy's sketch, but I just can't cope when things aren't symmetrical enough! I got the tension wrong on my mini sewing machine (yes, still loving it!), but I decided I quite liked the rough effect of the stitching so I didn't correct it. You can't see it in the photo, but I also used a Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust pen on the image and writing on the tag. I love that pen - just adds a touch of subtle shine. I'm considering using a glaze pen or Diamond Glaze all over the ornaments but not sure if that would suit the style of the card.

I bought the K&Co Mat Pad and Tag Pad last year but didn't use them - they were too beautiful to be wasted by this novice! But what with all the beautiful paper designs that keep being released I was determined to use it up before I bought a new xmas collection - and I have! I have a whole production line going now and will have about 30 cards made up. Not bad for September! They are are all in a half finished state and hope to finish them this weekend.

Enough said, list of supplies below.


Papers/cardstock: various Bazzill and Core'dinations cardstock, K&Co Brenda Walton's Peppermint Twist Mat Pad and Tag Pad
Stamps: none for a change!
Mediums: Versafine Onyx Black, Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust pen,
Accents: ribbon from stash
Tools: sewing machine, Fiskars Upper Crest border punch

6 comments:

Debbie Olson said...

This card is delightfully fresh and fun--great job!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

A beautiful design Mary and I just love those K&Co papers. Oh, I think I need to look into getting a mini sewing machine... the one I have scares the life out of me. Thanks for the link up. Have a great Friday and wonderful weekend, Hugs, Nikki x

Nilla said...

Beautiful card, love the great mixture of colors and papers, love it! Hugs Nilla

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful Mary!!

ChristineCreations said...

I love your fun vibrant colors and the great stitching too, very fun Mary!

Cindy Haffner said...

Very pretty Mary, I love your mix of papers and colors.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin