My lovely Blogger followers!

Wednesday 2 September 2009

Thank you very much!

Gosh, another week gone by without a blog entry, but I've got a good excuse! We went away for the Bank Holiday weekend to my friend's wedding (who I made this card for) in Gloucestershire. It was held at magnificent Clearwell Castle and my friend looked like a princess! I also got to spend time with a whole load of friends that I used to work with. It has been over 6 years so it was wonderful to catch up with them all.

Being away meant that I've been a bit tardy in making my thank you cards for all my lovely birthday pressies from my parents and my in-laws last week! I've been dying to use some Laura Ashley Contemporary paper (2008 release) that I bought ages ago and never touched. I thought one of the papers would go really well with my Hero Arts Four Dolls stamps. Some of the flowers in the paper are in grey/lilac so I decided to enhance that with my Copics and accents. I used dew drops as I thought the cards were a little plain, but are these now a little out of fashion to use? I still love them! Anyway, here they are...



I've also been experimenting to improve my photos. I think this is better, but I still need to get the lighting right! Daylight bulbs here I come... Anyway, I quite like them and I hope you too! A skill I still need to perfect!


Papers/cardstock: Bazzill Basics cardstock, Laura Ashley Contemporary paper pack
Stamps: Hero Arts Four Dolls
Mediums: Copic Caios
Accents: Orchid Dew Drops, gems and ribbons from my stash
Tools: Fiskars Scalloped Lace border punch

2 comments:

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

Lovely cards! I have a soft spot for the Japanese aesthetic.

Mira said...

I just love these. Perfect.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin