My lovely Blogger followers!

Thursday 24 September 2009

Happy birthday bro'

Well, brother-in-law actually and it's not for a couple more weeks but we're going up to see the in-laws this weekend so we thought we might as well take pressie and card up at the same time.



I'm hoping he won't think the card is too immature for him (he will be 32!). He loves our labrador, Poppy (and she him!) so I thought he might appreciate a dog themed card. I used DCWV's Pets Stack paper that I bought from Bunny Zoe's Crafts just the other week. It's also the first time I have used Kraft card - and I love it! Now I get why everybody else loves it! I used Elzybell's Kraft card (which is darker than the Bazzill's) and the colour match was much better with the DCWV papers. I also used the dotted border stamp from the Hot Off The Press Bold Patterns stamp set and heat embossed it in white. You can't really see it, but I also doodled a black dash around the main mat.

I have (nearly! Still half done!) more cards to share, but will have to wait until Sunday when I'm back. Thanks for looking!


Papers/cardstock: blue Core'dinations cardstock, DCWV Pet Stack papers,
Stamps: Papermania Sentiments,
Hot Off The Press Bold Patterns, paw stamp from stash
Mediums: Staz On in Saddle Brown, black pen 0.3
Accents: ribbon and bronze brads from stash, Robin's Nest Dew Drops in Cowboy, Bazzill button
Tools: Netstabilities Labels 2 (for inside card), Woodware star punches

2 comments:

Nana Diana said...

Mary, I love this card, it's so colourful and eye catching!! Great layout and the papers you used look terrific!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hi Mary! Thanks for sharing your blog with the Moxie Fab World!

~Cath

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin