My lovely Blogger followers!

Sunday 17 January 2010

My first project!

I love making cards because it allows me to create something quickly so I haven't tried to take anything else that requires more thought! But I've been wanting to do more to stretch my imagination and so I decided to make a calendar for my in-laws. OMG, I hope I don't fail in this!! So you're probably thinking that it's a little late in creating a calendar for 2010, afterall, we are halfway through January already! And you'd be right! Luckily though, my mother-in-law's birthday is at the end of January so I figure I can get away with it!

It's a desk calendar and I've chosen a photo for each month. So far I've only two pages. Here's the front cover...



And here's January...



I have used the Paparmania Bare Basics Calendar. To get this finished in time I've got to do 3 months a day so I'd better get my skates on!

Papers/cardstock: front page - Crate Paper Blue Hill paper collection, January - My Minds Eye Frost paper collection, DCWV white glitter cardstock (champagne bottle)
Stamps: none
Mediums: none
Accents: ribbon and pearl brad from stash, Dew Drops
Tools: EK Success glass and bottle punch and flower punch, Quickutz numbers and letters, Nestabilities labels nine, rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies, Woodware cherry punches, Fiskars scallop trimmer

6 comments:

Nana Diana said...

I love this Mary. Your front page is just gorgeous, I adore the colour combo and the papers you have used! The January page is just lovely too and I love the picture you have used! If these pages are anything to go by, it's going to be wonderful. I'm sure your in-laws will be thrilled with it.

Blessings,
Diana

Unknown said...

Hi Mary, WOW this is stunning, i cant wait to see the finished project, you are so thoughtful spending so much time on this gift, I love receiving handmade gifts, theres nothing better!
Love emma xxx

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a neat calendar!

Silli said...

Hello dear Mary, this is perfect! Love the idea! Love the dops...Great project! Hugs and happy monday!

Stamp and Smile said...

Fantastic Calendar Mary!! I like how you are challenging yourself for more.... you did a wonderful job... Great details!! TFS! :)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

What a fantastic gift for your in-laws Mary, I love the dp and the cute bottle with dewdrop bubbles! Have a great weekend, Hugs, Nikki x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin