My lovely Blogger followers!

Saturday 3 October 2009

50th wedding anniversary - wow!

My husband's Auntie and Uncle have reached their 50th wedding anniversary - can you imagine that?! Steve and I have been together for 12 years now and fingers crossed we will make it that far too! Apparently 50 is gold and, as I'm not a fan of the colour, I used a range of rich bieges and creams. I also used a chipboard key - before I got a die cutting machine I bought tons of different types of chipboards and I'm trying to use them up. Seriously, I have loads and perhaps I will do my own blog candy! To antique the key, I first painted it with gesso to prime it and then inked it with Distress Ink in Walnut Stain, rubbed some off with my finger and then went over it with Antique Linen. I was just experimenting but I was very pleased with the way it came out! I probably shouldn't have used the pearls on it, but they just worked so well that I kept them on.



Unfortunately, in the photo the colours look more like olive green but I can assure you it isn't!! Nevermind. I will get round to buying that full spectrum bulb soon.

Anyway, hope you like!


Papers/cardstock: Bazzill cardstock in coffee and vanilla, K&Co Classic K McKenna Mat Pad cardstock
Stamps: Woodware Francis Read sentiments
Mediums: Ranger Distress Inks in Walnut Stain and Antique Linen
Accents: ribbon from stash, Bazzill cream floss, Bazzill Chips Key, K&Co pearls
Tools: Nestabilities Heart, PaperShaper tag punch, Martha Stewart Arched Lattice border punch, inverted corner punch

1 comment:

Nana Diana said...

Love your card Mary, it's so elegant and I think pearls are always appropriate. Great job girl!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin