My lovely Blogger followers!

Friday 30 January 2015

Wish I was an elf

A couple of my all time favourite books are the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings so you can imagine how thrilled I've been that they've been made into films.  Normally books don't translate well into film but I think that Peter Jackson has done a fantastic job.

But anyway, I waffle.  I'm actually here today to share my DT inspiration for Alicia Bel this week and I chose Elfa Del Bosque which translates to Forest Elf...



So now you can see why I was going on about Tolkien books!  So I created a window and used a (discontinued) Stampin' Up embossing folder and a Memory Box leaf die to create this.  The sentiment is from the SugarPea Designs Pure Magic stamp set.  Not much else to say about it - pretty simple!

Check out the rest of the design team's inspirational projects over at the blog here.  Thanks for visiting me - I'll see you later on my blog rounds.  Ta ta!

16 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

LOVE this card Mary. I really like how you matched the colour of her dress and eyes. And I must add that embossing folder to my wish list. Have a crafty weekend.

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

So elegant!

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card Mary, beautiful colouring x

Debs said...

So beautiful and elegant - gorgeous colours.
Debs xx

Christine L said...

A very YOU card Mary in more ways than one!! Loving it of course..

Christine x

Sue said...

This is stunning, I love the image, perfect colouring and perfect design too!
Sue xx

Mi Pequeño Tesoro said...

I love your card!!! It's wonderfull!!!

Virginia

pinky said...

This is simply stunning Mary! Have a great weekend.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so fabulous! I love Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit as well, she would so fit in perfect.

Sally said...

Gorgeous, love it..... Sorry I don't visit often any more :(
Have a fab weekend.
Hugs Sally xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

A wonderful card Mary. Love the image and a smashing job of colouring her, as usual. Hope you have a good weekend Susan x

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie this is just gorgeous :0) hugs Pops x

Jane said...

Another fantastic card Mary!
Jane

Fabiola said...

trop joli, j'aimerais être un elfe aussi...ou une sorcière peut être, biz

kel Acopan said...

soooooo pretty! i wish i was an elf too!! haha. or something magical!!! that would be fun!! the colors you used are just gorgeous!!

lovies, =o) kel

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! what a fab design Mary! I love the wonderful image and your colouring is awesome! the leaves and embossing are just perfect too… everything has come together beautifully on this card! :-))
Hope you have a lovely evening!
Big hugs, Sue B xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin