My lovely Blogger followers!

Monday 3 October 2011

No design papers over at Totally Ladybug Tuesday!

This week over at Totally Ladybug Tuesday, the lovely Julie has set the challenge of no design papers!  Well, some of the team panicked a bit over this one, we are so dependent on our gorgeous papers!  So here is my make...

 


This is one of my all time faves - Nikki and buttercup Running in Snow!  I used Doodlebug glitter cardstock for the background and used a checked ribbon to stop it from being too boring!  I created an acetate window which I stamped white snowflakes on and then added punched out snowflakes in the window - I think I over did it as you can barely see poor Buttercup!!  Here's a closer look...



Nikki and buttercup Running in Snow is also our Stamp of the Month which means you can buy her for half price during October - what a great price!


You can see more gorgeous DT inspiration of Nikki and buttercup Running in Snow on the main post here - you're gonna love them!


That's it from me but I'll be back later with my By LoRi Designs DT card!


I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Paper/cardstock: Bazzill cardstock, Doodlebug glitter cardstock
Stamps: Ladybug Crafts Ink Nikki and buttercup Running in Snow, CC Designs snowflake stamp
Mediums: Copics, white chalk ink
Accents: American Craft ribbon
Tools: Fiskars border punch, Stampin Up label die

29 comments:

Hazel said...

A beautiful card and so unusual in pink! Can I just mention to you that I've tried contacting Ladybug three or four times by email but had no response. I was a runner up on the blog hop. Not sure what is happening to my emails. Hazel x

Kerri said...

love the card..pink I must say that this is a color that eludes me..Yep I have a hard time with it..but you on the other hand can pretty much work with any color..thks for sharing..

cowboydutrem said...

Wow wow wow! I love that window with it's snowflakes... Makes me feel like I'm warm inside watching the snow outside: a very comfortable feeling!

Davi said...

Mary this is SO Beautiful!! I love the colors and the sweet image. The acetate window and snow flakes along with the borders make one wonderful card :)

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! Absolutely stunning! Beautifully coloured image, beautiful colours and snowflake details.

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous image Mary, love the snowflakes in the window, so very pretty..and love the pink...

Luv CHRISSYxx

heidy said...

Gorgeous card Mary J,love how you framed her!
XXX Heidy

pinky said...

Stunning or what Mary!!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous!

coops said...

beautiful card mary.the colours and image are gorgeous and i love the shaker :D

xx coops xx

Amanda R said...

Love the shaker window, perfect idea with the snowflakes and this image!

Shan said...

Your card is darling! Thank you so much for joining us this week for our "anything goes with a twist" challenge over at Craft Your Passion Challenges. I hope you have a great week and Good luck.

Hugs
Shannin

Lisa Jane said...

This is stunning Mary - i love the shaker element and the little snowflakes stamped on the acetate ... One of my very faves
Lisa x

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous shaker card, love the colours, so girly.
Avril xx

earthspirit927 said...

What a wonderful card:) I love the window. Thank you for Joining us for Anything goes with a Twist at Craft your Passion Challenges. Good Luck and Have a great week:)

Melissa

expressionwithearthspirit.blogspot.com

Pami said...

Gorgeous colours Mary and I love the shaker style, must try it one day!! P x

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous creation thank you for sharing with us at the Emerald Faerie Garden
Hugs Kate xx

Whimsey said...

Adorable - I love all the snowflakes - perfect!

Great use of the ribbon, really frames the acetate window!

Kathleen said...

Isn't it funny, I have only realised today that the magority of Christmas cards I have made this year (except for challenge ones) I haven't used any DP's, must have spent too much time on the LIM challenges lol.
I think this is a brilliant card, love the brown and pink.

Kath x

DesignerDiva said...

This is fabulous Mary, Julie was right it looks like you have used a different stamp to the rest of us LOL
Love the book mark above and your by Lori card is stunning
Another successful day for you!

Hugs Laurie x

Kerry said...

Well here we go again with our great minds Mary J lol...acetate stamped with snowflakes AND a similar shape!!! I love shaker cards ... yours is fabulicious! See you tomorrow!!! xx

The Crafty Blonde said...

Gorgeous card, love the acetate window and the image looks fab. Fabulous glittery pink card too.
Lyndsey xx

Sue U said...

WOW!! Stunning card Mary, love shaker cards, and the snowflakes are a great touch! Gorgeous colours and love that glittery card stock

Sue xx

Fabiola said...

trop chouette j'adore, elle est top, biz

XxJULESxX said...

gorgeous card!! thanks for joining us at FF!!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

LOVE the shaker window!! Brilliant!!

Delphine said...

WOW, Mary, fantastic card! I love the design, beautiful image and the colour combo is one of my favourites! Hugs Delphine xx

Julie said...

Amazing card - I love shaker cards they are so clever! x

vicmbee said...

very pretty .... thanks for joining in with the Emerald Faerie punch/die challenge xxx vicki xxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin