My lovely Blogger followers!

Sunday 14 November 2010

If elephants could fly...

Happy Sunday everyone!  That sounds more upbeat than I'm feeling - the grey, grey, wet weather in the UK is dampening my spirits!  Hey ho, I complain vigorously about the weather about this time of the year and do you think anything's changed?  Nope!  You'd think I'd learn...

Today's card did put a smile on my face when I put together this morning - fresh and bright, the way I like my cards!




I made this card for this week's Totally Stampalicious challenge to make a card with the theme of Monday Blues.  I've had this little cutie coloured in for about a month but never had the inspiration to make a card with it - it was obviously fate for it to be made especially for this challenge, lol!!

You can see in the close up those small white pearly dots in the background - I've found this amazing stuff called Viva Decor at Quixotic Paperie,  These mediums come in gloss gel, pearl and glitter and are amazing because they hold their 3D shape.  Also, unlike the some other makes - it dries properly rounded without the usual peaks you need to tap out.  They come in tubes with small nozzles that are really easy to squeeze so you can create just the right size of pearls you want and are easy to draw lines with too.  I've used white opaque gloss gel - it's even more gorgeous in real life!  You can buy them here.

Those eagled eyed out there will notice that I haven't done the inside yet - I've forgotten which blue ink I used for the background so I'll have to find some time to find it again!  That'll have to wait to later on as we're off now to walk the dogs - yep, in the pouring rain, hmmph...


Paper/cardstock: Papermania white cardstock, DCWV vibrant blue cardstock

Stamps: Bugaboo Critter Balloon elephant (digi you can buy here), Hero Arts background
Mediums: Copic markers, Glossy Accents (on balloon), Viva Decor glossy pen in opaque, Versamagic blue ink
Accents: ribbons from stash, American Crafts rub on sentiments
Tools: EK Success border punch

13 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

I love it Mary - only one problem .. you are practising BLUE lol!!
Love the background and those pearl dots are wonderful.
Have a great day
Lisa ;)

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

This is so adorable! The little elephant made me smile. Perfect for cheering up someone on a blue day.

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

Oh I just love this little balloon elephant!!!! He is so, so sweet!!! What a fun and happy creation...it's sure to brighten your dreary gray day!!

Vicky said...

Cute card Mary j!, such an adorable image and love the background too,
hugs Vicky xx

Anonymous said...

Made me smile Mary! Such a happy card and so wonderfully colored and designed! I love that punch and fun to see it used! I've had it for a long time but still haven't used it! I love it at the top and the bottom! Thanks for sharing this cuteness!!!
Pam Going Postal

pinky said...

Nothing like a wet dog to cheer you up lol. Gorgeous card Mary, definitely bright and cheery and love the added pearly dots!
Pinky
ps thanks for the link, didn't get it till I came home from shopping and overspending so might have to wait a week lol, Fingers crossed its still reduced.

Pami said...

Hey Mary, don't be blue, just think that all the wet and cold weather means more time locked in your warm craft room! Great card, love the pearl dots! Pami x

Sue U said...

Oh I love this little guy!! Great ribbon too (where do you get them from they are brilliant!!) Sue xx

Anita said...

Awww, this is so cute...no wonder it made you smile! I love the colors and you did a great job with BLUE Mary J lol. Now, I think I'm going to have to go shopping for some of that Viva Decor.

Nikbee said...

A wonderful card. I love the cute elephant and the papr is great.

Nikki x

Highland Handmade said...

Beautiful card, love the colours x

Unknown said...

Great card Mary J., indeed the weather here was awful over the weekend as well. A card like this really cheers you up.
Greetings, Frea

Whimsey said...

Such an adorable card; love the background, the image and the pearly dots - too cute!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin