My lovely Blogger followers!

Tuesday 9 November 2010

Totally Ladybug Tuesday - ribbons!

Before we get onto my card for this week's Totally Ladybug Tuesday, thanks to all those queries wondering if I'm ok as I haven't been blogging recently - you lot are a bunch of caring sweeties!  I got called away on some business travel and, boy, did I miss my crafting - I took some craft mags with me, but that just made me want to create even more, lol!!  I have got lots of ideas though so expect a flood of creativity this week!

So, onto this week's TLT!  Anita is challenging us to use ribbons - I was very excited to see this one as I've been dying to do a weaving technique for ages!  I also wanted to create a more muted, sophisticated Nikki so NO glitter!  Kerry won't be happy, she's such a glitter babe ... but I will risk her wrath!  So here is my card...




Now this is an easy peasy challenge so I am expecting all of you to be able to submit a card!  You don't have to use a Ladybug Crafts Ink stamp so no excuses!!  If you don't yet have one of Kerry's cute and sassy stamps, you can buy them here and you can get 15% off if you buy by the end of November including the new release we showcased last week - what a bargain!

Take a stroll over to the challenge blog and see the other DT inspiration there - it's amazing how different we used our ribbons!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:


Paper/cardstock: Bazzill cardstock, BasicGrey Mellow paper pack

Stamp: Ladybug Crafts Ink Handbag Nikki (you can buy her here)
Mediums: Copics, Distress Antique Linen Ink
Accents: ribbon from stash, American Crafts rub on sentiment
Tools: Nestabilities dies

19 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

I thought you had gone on holiday somewhere warm and sunny :-)

Your card is amazing as usual, Mary! I love the weaving.

Helen Ann said...

I love this (though not sure I'd be able to resist adding glitter somewhere lol)
That weaving is so cool, definitely going to have a go of that again not done that in about 10 years lol. Love the Autumn colours too

Hel x

Highland Handmade said...

Beautiful, love the woven ribbons, the card is lovely! x

Lisa Jane said...

Fab idea Mary J - the woven ribbon looks superliscious!
I agree in this instance you were right NOT to use glitter - but i expect it next week lol!
I love the colours - jut perfect for this time of year
Glad to have you back!
Lisa ;)

Nikbee said...

A fab card. I love the ribbon weaving.

Nikki x

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Mary!

This is sooo pretty! Love that weaving thingy you did, looks amazing! Love it!

Hugs, Wendy

Michelle said...

Hi Mary

Nice to have you back!!

Your card looks amazing. I love the woven ribbon, first time I have ever seen that technique.

Thanks for linking up to Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS, love all your layers.

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Ha ha, you do realise you'll be facing Kerry and "the" whip this week lol!!! I hope she doesn't notice (just say I pinched your share this week as mine was filled with it (and Tams' was too) so you might be safe!)
I've done some ribbon weaving on a scrapbook layout and love the effect. I nearly nearly did this for my card this week went with my rose idea instead :)
I love Nikki in the muted Autumnal colours
x

Kerry said...

First you pinch my idea Mary J then NO glitter...might just have to re-assess your position at LCI rofl! My card wouldn't have looked have as flabulous as yours anyway. I just love the muted colours. Gorgeous as always xx

Nana Diana said...

Wow, this is beautiful, Mary!! I love the weaving, it looks perfect. Your colour combo is just fabulous. What a lovely 'grown up' card.

Whimsey said...

Soooooooooooooo pretty; love the weaving!!! Such a great card!

Pami said...

Glad to have you back! Fab card, the weaving effect is just so pretty. Will Kerry ever forgive you!! Pami x

pinky said...

Its so gorgeous Mary, think I would be a tangled mess if I tried that weaving though lol. Love the inside decoration too.
Pinky

Anita said...

Oh, Mary J, this is gorgeous. I love that woven ribbon technique...it's amazing. And your image is beautifully colored, as always. And of course the inside looks beautiful too.

Lindsey said...

Oh this is FABULOUS DAHLING! Yet another stamp i NEEEEEEEED!
Linds x

Sue U said...

Oooh, how fabulous is your card, the ribbon looks so effective used like that - would never have thought to weave it!! Love the image and think that she looks just fine even without glitter (just don't tell Kerry!!) Sue xx

Silli said...

awww, what a great idea, love the ribbons...the image is so cute!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh she is SASSSY, I love it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin