My lovely Blogger followers!

Thursday 11 November 2010

Sweet Holiday Wishes

Okay, I'm getting back into the swing of crafting since my recent MIA! I've done lots of prep and hoping to post a card a day (but don't hold me to it...). As some of you may recall, I won the November Guest Designs slot over at the Quixotic Inspiration blog. This is my first card for them using Kraftin' Kimmies Noelle (you buy her here) and that lovely new Mistaletoe paper by Memory Box (you can buy it here).





Using my trusty Copies, I wanted a lighter look rather than the traditional deep red and greens so I added a light aqua to her dress. I wasn't sure if it would work, but I like the way it makes the card a bit fresher. I also found some more of that felt ribbon in my stash and added it for depth and texture - it's fabby stuff! If you look very carefully, you can see I also did some paper piecing but you can hardly see it so I think I should have gone for more spacing and deeper holes. Hey ho, everyone's a critic!

Anyway, hope you are all having a great week and, after all, tomorrow is Friday - WOO HOO!


I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Paper/cardstock: Bazzill kraft and green cardstock, Memory Box Mistletoe paper pack (buy here)
Stamps: Kraftin Kimmie’s Noelle, includes sentiment, buy here
Mediums: Copic markers
Accents: felt ribbon from stash (Quixotic Paper has other felt ribbon here)
Tools: Martha Stewart border punch and Nestabilities label die (inside card)

22 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! This is absolutely stunning! I love the fresh colours, the aqua is just perfect and the felt ribbon is beautiful and adds interesting texture to your fab card.

Unknown said...

Hello Mary J., this is my 1st time on your blog. I came in via the ABC challenge that I joined into also. Love this card, Kraftin Kimmie stamps are soooo cute!! I became a follower straight away. Hop on over to my blog somtimes, you're more than welcome.
Greetz, Frea

Lisa Jane said...

Gorgeous Mary J - love those colours and that felt ribbon is gorgeous.
Lovely to have you back
Lisa ;)

Pami said...

Wonderful Mary J, great layout and love the ribbon behind it. Lovely!! Glad you are back into the crafting again, we missed you!! Pami x

Anonymous said...

Awesome Mary! Wonderful coloring and such a cute image!
Pam Going Postal

pinky said...

Very striking card, what a great image and the papers are so beautiful.
Pinky

Vicky said...

What a wonderful image Mary J and I just love the layout too. Great colouring and I can see your paper piercing, simply fab!!
Hugs Vicky xx

Anita said...

Wow, Mary J, I LOVE this card. That image is so cute and I love that felt ribbon and those gorgeous papers. That's a lot of little candy canes to color lol! The inside is as gorgeous as the front, too.

Highland Handmade said...

Oh Mary this is so bloomin cute! love the ribbon and your colouring is just perfect! x

Julie said...

What a great card,fab image! Thanks for joining Scrapbook Sisters challenge this week,hope you've had a great week,Julie.x

Cindy Haffner said...

Mary what SWEETNESS!!!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling!

Whimsey said...

What a great card; that ribbon is divine! Too cute!!

Silli said...

Big smile, your card is so cute, love the funny image and the wonderful colors...

Kerry said...

Great card Mary J...love that fourishy ribbon and of course my favourite pp :-D Your colouring is perfection xx

Nina Macaulay said...

Hi Mary J.
What a cutie of a card!
I love that curly felt ribbon, come to think of it I have some lying in a box untryed! You have inspired me to get it out and give it a go, lovley effect it has given your card anyway!
I have been away for a while too, so I didn't realise you have been away too, but its good to have you back anyway sweetie :O))
Well done on your win!

Wishing you a good weekend.

Hugs Nina x

Nana Diana said...

Hi Mary, Wow!! I love this card, you did a fabulous job with it. I love the papers and the layout and I love how you cut out Noelle and the candy cane. That felt ribbon is just gorgeous and really adds a lot to the card!!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet card! Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

Clare Brown said...

stunning card and your felt is gorgeous.Goodluck at abc challenge this week

clare x

LilyPuss Cards said...

Lovely card..love the DP's..thank you for joining us at ABC...
Hugs
Jan..x..

Sue U said...

Hi Mary, I love these images and your card is lovely as always - the felt ribbon is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining the Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge this week Sue xx

Distressed Miss said...

Gorgeous design.
Thanks for joining us at ABC.
Hugs
Clare
x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin