My lovely Blogger followers!

Tuesday 16 November 2010

Totally Ladybug Tuesday Xmas Sparkle

It's Tuesday which means it's another fun day over at the Ladybug Crafts Ink challenge blog!  This week uber talented Sue has challenged us to make something with the theme "Xmas Sparkle".  Now you'd think this would be easy peasy, wouldn't you?  But I spent days trying to make my card work!!!  I do use glitter on my cards, but I tend to add them as an afterthought - actually put some thought into it upfront made my brain sizzle!  Still, it's so easy to make something gorgeous with those gorgeous Ladybug Crafts Ink stamps I couldn't go far wrong...

   

Isn't she gorgeous?  This is Christmas Window Ruby (you can buy her here and you can get 15% if you buy by end of November).  I kept singing "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" throughout the creative process so now I'm all Christmas'ed out, lol!! 

You can't really see it from the photo, but there is so much sparkle going on in this card, it's blinding!  Firstly, I embossed the snowflake background onto white card, then stamped it all over with a glue pad and sprinkled Glamour Dust all over it.  Secondly, I used my precious Core'dinations Gemstone cardstock by DCWV in this wonderful bronze colour in the border and matting.  Lastly, I finished it all off with sparkly embellishing - shimmery organza ribbon, Marvy Just Glitter pen in gold (on the tree ornaments and window decoration), Glamour Dust on the fairy wings (of course!), shimmery fibres, snowflake punched out of DCWV glitter card and a touch of Viva Decor opaque gloss pen on the mistletoe berries.  Phew!

Now pop over to the other DT's blogs for their sparkly creations!

Kerry - Head Ladybug
Lisa J - Deputy Head Ladybug
Sue
Caz (our wonderful November guest designer!)

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:
Wow, that must be a record number of challenges in one go for me!!!


Paper/cardstock: Papermania white cardstock, Core'dinations Gemstone cardstock, BasicGrey Wassail paper pack
Stamps: Ladybug Crafts Ink Christmas Window Ruby (buy here), CC Designs sentiment, Papermake sentiment inside card
Mediums: Copic markers, Glamour Dust, Viva Decor glossy pen in opaque, Marvey Just Glitter pen in gold
Accents: fibre from stash, organza ribbon (from Bunny Zoe's here)
Tools: Martha Stewart border punch, Quickutz embossing folder, Nestabilities label die (inside card), Woodware snowflake punch, Tim Holtz distressing tool

39 comments:

Silli said...

Big smile Mary, your card is so cute, love the sweet image!!! HUGS

Lisa Jane said...

wowee Mary J - its gorgeous .. love this image. The card is so soft and wintry .. i love looking out from a warm cosy room to a snowy scene .. and that's how your card makes me feel lol ( shut up now lisa lol! you are sounding like a slushy fool lol)
have a great day
Lisa ;)

Nikbee said...

A beautiful card. I love the image.

Nikki x

Helen Ann said...

I love the card, the snowflake background is fabulous love it. and that image is so sweet, agree completely with Lisa feel all nice and warm and cosy looking at it lol
Hel x

cowboydutrem said...

I soooo love the colors of your card! Very classy!

Unknown said...

Good morning Mary J., LOVE your card. I sometimes wish these challenge wouldn't all pick the winners at random because your card really deserves to win!!
Frea
p.s. if you have time pop on over to my blog because I made a Christmas card that I'm so proud of..... hihihi

Pami said...

Mary J this is just so fabulous! It feels so wintery and lovely. I love all the background papers and how you have distressed the edges, and is it the ribbon that you have used top and bottom? It looks great. Pami x

Suzy Q said...

Hi Mary J, Your card is simply stunning! I have absoulutely NO IDEA how you managed to achieve that look but I will grill Kerry for information later on!! lol xx

Whimsey said...

OH wow, what beautiful colors; dang, marvelous idea to use the glue pad - not sure mine has EVER been used!!! Love it!!

Anita said...

Wow, Mary, this is totally gorgeous. I love the embossed papers and the soft colors. And, wait a minute, do I see some distressing on the papers? It looks fantastic!

Becca Fabozzi said...

I LOVE this image, so sweet!!!!! Great card. Thanks so much for playing along at DCD Christmas Club

Susie Sugar said...

wow Mary this is so sassy you make some lovely cards darling and this is one of my fav's
Thanks for joining us at the DCD Christmas Club this week
Hugs Susie & the Christmas Dream Team xx
¨¨ ¨¨ ¨ ¨¨¨ ♥*
¨¨¨¨¨ ¨¨¨ ¨*o*
¨¨¨¨ ¨¨¨¨*♥*o*
¨¨ ¨¨¨¨¨***o***
¨¨¨¨¨¨**o**♥*o*
¨¨¨¨¨**♥**o**o**
¨¨¨¨**o**♥***♥*o*
¨¨¨*****♥*o**o****
¨¨**♥**o*****o**♥**
¨******o*****♥**o***
****o***♥**o***o***♥*
¨¨¨¨¨____!_!____
¨¨¨¨¨\_________/¨¨¨
...MERRY CHRISTMAS...

downrightcrafty said...

wow love all the sparkle and shine on this lovely creation, thank you for sharing with us at the SCSC this week
Hugs Kate xx

pinky said...

Ah its just gorgeous Mary, I love that image. The texture with the embossing and the fibres is just beautiful.
Pinky

Dorte said...

Hi Mary. Love the embossing, the fibers and all the sparkling. And the image is so cute .Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge this time.
Dorte

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Gorgeous

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

chris said...

HI Mary, this is so very special, love all the texture. its so so perfect. hugs chris xx

downrightcrafty said...

thank you for the lovely comment and dashing off to edit and add now thanks again
Hugs Kate xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card mary :-) th image is very cute and the papers and embossing are perfect :-)


thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Mary! I love the image and I'd say she's dreaming of a white Christmas too! A beauty for sure! TFS!
Pam Going Postal

Kerry said...

This is gorgeous Mary J...the colours are so warm and rich (ie expensive looking lol) Ruby looks very dreamy and you've coloured her beautifully...she looks so pretty. Love it! xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Very very PRETTY!

Curly said...

Aww this is such a cute card, and wonderfully sparkly,
thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter: 109 Sparkle and shine,
Good luck,
Hugs Bridget ;) x.
SCSC DT

Nina Macaulay said...

Beautiful card!
Lovley textures.

Hugs Nina xx

Sue U said...

WOW WOW WOW, I love your card - so very classy!! Especially love all the layers of shimmer and bling, and how you have coloured Ruby and added loads more bling to her too :-) I might have made your brain ache with this one (sorry!) but it was worth it :-) hugs Sue xx

Mayjasper said...

This card has got it all. Splendid.

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

This is so pretty! I love the vintage white colours and the image is really sweet.

debby4000 said...

Love your adorable card Mary.
luv
Debby

Highland Handmade said...

Wow love your card, the image is fab and your card is perfect! x

Maggie's Crafts said...

Lovely card! Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad @ http://thecraftypad.blogspot.com/

Maggie

xx

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

I love your card Mary, it's beautiful. Very luxurious looking and all the whites are so pretty together. You've done an amazing job xxx

Pat said...

Lovely card, great image and papers. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad this week.

Pat xx

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous, love the colours. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Stampin & LOTV Challenges!
Clairex

Valchen said...

Really gorgeous! I like the image very much and like the decoration!

Helen said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC & ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Mel X said...

A fabulous creation.

Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter and good luck.

Mel X

Lindsey said...

This is lovely!
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week
Linds x

Pattie said...

What a sweet image - I love the colors here! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Inspirations Challenge blog for our Christmas/Winter Challenge!

Pattie said...

I love this sweet image and the colors are great! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Inspirations Challenge blog for our Christmas/Winter Challenge!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin