My lovely Blogger followers!

Thursday 18 November 2010

To distress or not to distress?!

So I tried a shabby chic/vintage style card again and I think it's come out ok but I just can't do the style justice!  I think I lack the ability to embellish properly - it scares me to add too much to a card!  Sort of spoils the clean, neat lines, lol!!  Anyhow, here it is...




You can see from the close up that I used Stickles glitter glue to add a bit of shimmer.  I think it saved the card from being so flat and boring!  Anyway, I still adore those Magnolia stamps so I am going to have to keep on trying with this style!!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:


Paper/cardstock: Bazzill cardstock
Stamps: Magnolia Tilda with wedding presents, CC Designs sentiments, Hero Arts script background
Mediums: Promarkers, Stickles glitter glue, Distress Ink in Antique Linen, Elzybells chocolate ink
Accents: lace, pins, button and crochet flower from stash, Bazzill floss
Tools: Martha Stewart heart border punch and Nestabilities label die (inside card)

17 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

I think it loos wonderful Mary .. i love the chocolate and cream colours. There's just enough embellies for me ..i love that shop window ..
Hope you are ok.. i can feel a sore throat coming on! I hope not as i want to be well for my fayre on Saturday
Thanks for your kind comments re my candles ... i think i will have to set a NOT a card challenge lol
Lisa ;)

Lorraine said...

I love your card! I like the brown monotone theme and it looks shabby chic/vintage to me. Love your coloring of the image, btw.

Pami said...

Hi Mary, think this card looks fantastic. I'm really starting to love the shabby chic look and you've nailed it girl! The colours are great and I love the s riptide background, I might have to get that. Hope you are ok, Pami x

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh this is just gorgeous - LOVE the layout and your sweet details! I too have trouble with this style but I think you nailed it!
Thanx for joining us at MDUC this week.
xXx

Tara Godfrey said...

Mary, your card is stunning and you totally did a fab job with the distressing and the shabby chic style! I love it to bits, hun! I love this Tilda with the boutique background stamp...perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at MDUC!
Hugs,t and the MDUC DT!

Unknown said...

Such a nice card! Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

WOW your card is super!! I think you got the Shabby Chic thing going on!!!! I love your card, love the lace and the soft browns - Tilda looks awesome!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at MDUC this week:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

I love it! It's like a scene from an old movie. I think you do vintage very well.

cowboydutrem said...

Love those colors!

Shirley-Anne said...

Just perfect! Love the stitching and the layers .
But what nailed it for me was the lace strip and flower with button centre.

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh Mary it is GORGEOUS.

Jayne said...

Mary, thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments, and you do give vintage the justice it deserves.......this card is beautiful. I love the fact that you decorated the inside too!

Kiki said...

This is so gorgeous! The image is so cute and colored perfectly!

Thanks so much for joining us at SAM this week!

Hugs, Kiki

Anita said...

Mary J, I think this looks gorgeous. I love how you've colored the image and the lace and little flower are so perfect.

pinky said...

Its a real beauty mary and the elements add to the shabby chic feel.
Pinky

Kelly Schelske said...

This is beautiful, I love the browns!

Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!

BA said...

mary this is so gorgeous!!
thanks for joining us at SAM
xoxo BA

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin