My lovely Blogger followers!

Monday 15 November 2010

Is that really made by me?!!

Today I have a very different style of card for you and my second one as Guest Designer for the Quixotic Inspiration blog.  Usually I like my bright, playful cards, but I do like to experiment so my style doesn't become too samey.  This card is the complete opposite to what I make - elegant!  I was inspired by these gorgeous papers by Websters Pages (you can buy from Quixotic Paperie here) and a gorgeous sentiment stamp by Stempelglede (you can buy here) and here it is...

 

Sooo, what do you think?!!  It's so different for me - not sure if I've done those papers justice!!  The sentiment says "Magic is believing in yourself.  If you can do that, you can make anything happen."  I'm getting so soppy in my old age, lol!!  I have so many friends I would love to send this to so I'll have to make some more!

Unfortunately my card doesn't qualify for this month's challenge over at the Quixotic Inspiration blog to make a card that's NOT square or rectangle (and you all know how much I luuurve my squares!).

Enjoy the week and see you tomorrow for Totally Ladybug Tuesday!



Paper/cardstock: Bazzill cardstock, Webster's Pages Hollywood Vogue & WonderFALL paper pack
Stamps: Stempelglede Magic sentiment (you can buy here)
Mediums: Distress Antique Linen ink
Accents: lace from stash, E-line crystals
Tools: Nestabilities scallop rectangle and rectangle dies and label die inside card

11 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! Very fancy and a bit vintagey. I love it.

Lisa Jane said...

I love the sentiment - and the vintage /shabby chic style of the card - but is that a bird i spy .. i once went on a home visit and the patient had a Peacock!! It kept screeching and i kept jumping out of my skin.. i was scared to walk past it!
Lisa ;)

Highland Handmade said...

Oooh wow it is so different not using an image!! love it x

Pami said...

Mary J, there is something for you on my blog! Pami x

pinky said...

Totally different for you indeed Mary but totally gorgeous no the less, very classy and beautiful.
Pinky

Renée said...

this is beautiful! love the gem flourish :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh this is GORGEOUS!!

Pami said...

Hi Mary, this is a beautiful card, very different for you as you say, still so professionally done! Pami x

Anita said...

Mary, this is stunning. You do elegant very well!

Whimsey said...

Super cute card; love the colors; very elegant!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin