My lovely Blogger followers!

Wednesday 26 March 2014

This year's Mother's Day cards

I've left making our Mothers Day cards a little late this year - better get them in the post tomorrow to make sure they get there before this weekend!  And this year I decided to go down the grown up elegant route instead of my usual cute stamped makes.  Here they are - one my mum...



And one for my MIL...




The flower is made with My Favorite Things Large Hybrid Heirloom Rose die and the greenery is from My Favorite Things Large Leaf Filled Flourish die, with a large ivory pearl popped in the middle.  The background is a Papertrey Ink Quatrefoil cover plate and the sentiment is from the CC Designs All Women set stamped on a Simon Says banner die cut.  The papers are from My Minds Eye but I couldn't tell you which ones because they were scraps - sorry!

I'm quite liking my grown up makes - even Steve liked them!  I will have to experiment more with these especially now that I've recently stepped down from some teams so I can experiment more freely.  It's so nice not having loads of DT commitments!  And I'm lovin' the teams I'm on so it doesn't feel like hard work being on these.

Okay, I'm off now - gotta make my niece's birthday card and I want it to be as special as her!


26 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful Mother's Day cards Mary

Anne

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! These are really elegant!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Two beautiful CAS cards Mary. Susan x

Lisa Minckler said...

That's great news. It's nice to have a little more time to craft on your own schedule and with your own agenda I'm sure. :) Congrats to you and WOW are these Mother's Day cards gems. The fancy shmancy lattice is gorgeous and showcases the beautiful flowers perfectly. Lucky moms!!

Squirrel x said...

These are super elegant hun, I love them both! Beautiful design and so stylish. Clever you! Hugs xx

Chrissy said...

Both so elegant Mary J...gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Jane Savage said...

Simply stunning, Mary! Elegant and sophisticated! Your mum and MiL will love them! xx

Sue said...

These are stunning. I love your elegant design and gorgeous flowers made with one of my favourite dies.
Sue xx

JanR said...

Oooooh....so pretty and elegant!

Anja said...

Your cards are really beautiful, Mary!
Me too, I'm trying to create more "grown up" cards right now (although I still like the cute ones).
Hugs, Anja

JenniferD said...

Wow Wow Wow these are so eye popping couldn't choose a favorite. Have a Great rest of the Week.

Unknown said...

O wow, these are stunning Mary. Love the clean style of your cards... I got some flowers which I don't know what to do with them but now you gave me some ideas :) Thanks for sharing xxx

Wendy said...

Stunning cards Mary, gorgeous flowers...I have that die and have not used yet oops..must chance that.
Wendy xx

heidy said...

These are both gorgeous MaryJ!!
XXX Heidy

Kat W said...

Well I have to say I love your cute stamped designs but I also love these elegant designs - whatever the style your cards have a very pretty feel and draw the eye to the focal point :-)
Hugs, Kat x

Kathleen said...

Absolutely beautiful Mary, love them both, just gorgeous.

Kath x

debby4000 said...

They are both cards are so elegant and beautiful.
luv
Debby

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

These are gorgeous, I absolutely love them!
Rebecca.

Christine L said...

These grown-up makes are absolutely gorgeous Mary... and I'm sure the mum's in question will treasure them!

Big hugs
Christine x

coops said...

wow i love these mary.super stylish designs and your flowers are fabulous :D

xx coops xx

Pop's Cards said...

HI sweetie, these are just gorgeous, huggles Pops x x x

chrilvian said...

pretty

Fabiola said...

superbe et si élégant, biz

Sue B said...

Oh these are really beautiful Mary… what fab flowers and I love the leaves and pretty embossing… perfect for Mother's Day! :-)
Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Big Hugs
Sue B xx

Unknown said...

Smack! These are beautiful grown up cards!

Wishcraft said...

They're gorgeous Mary, super stylish cards :o) Hugs, Lisa x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin