My lovely Blogger followers!

Thursday 11 August 2011

Boys will be boys challenge over at Pixie Dust Studios!

(Please scroll down for my Quixotic Inspirations DT post!)


I love making cards for young and teenage boys so was thrilled to be making a card for this week's Take the Pixie Challenge!  So we want to see boy themed creations AND add buttons or brads - easy peasy!  So without further ado, here is my make...

 
 


I used Ski Dude from the new Winter release - this is definitely going to my teenage nephew for Xmas!  This is such a super cool image and not too kiddy - perfect!  I matched him up with this great paper from K and Company Peppermint Twist which has glittered swirls - I can just imagine him snowboarding!  I ripped up some white cardstock and added some Stickles glitter glue along the edges - what boy doesn't like his bling?!!  Ok, perhaps not...

Okay, enough rambling from me! The other DT creations are awesome so you really should go take a look if you have a spare few minutes here!


I am entering my card into the following challenges:


Paper/cardstock: Bazzill cardstock, K and Company Peppermint Twist
Stamps: Pixie Dust Studios Ski Dude
Mediums: Copics, Stickles glitter glue
Accents: Divine Twine
in brown (from Quixotic Paperie here), button from stash
Tools: Cuttlebug embossing folder, Tim Holtz distressing tool, Nestabilitie label die inside card

31 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! Love the scene you've created. So cool!

DesignerDiva said...

Lurrrrrrve the background of embossing and snow hill!! My 3 kids are planning on going to Whistler to learn to snowboard together this winter, might have to invest in this stamp!!

Hugs Laurie x

Diane's Card Designs said...

Oh what a lovely image must look out for this one. Your embossing looks great.
Diane :-) xx

.:♥Marit Pettinga-Meijer♥:. said...

Gorgeous card hun! I love how the glitter makes it look like snow from his snowboarding!!!
Hugs, Marit.
..:: xXx ::..

Pami said...

It makes me feel chilly just looking at this card Mary! Its perfect. Loving the background paper (again!) Can I come and raid your paper stock please!!! Pami x

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is fab Mary - i love the embossing and the twine ... really chilly feel ( a bit like summer here lol)
Lisa x

heidy said...

Fabolous card Mary J!
Love the sparkle!
XXX Heidy

Jodi said...

This is wonderful - I get frosty just looking at it! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Craft Your Passion Challenges. Please join us again soon!
Hugs,
Jodi

Tamara Morton said...

Hi Mary, wow what a stunning Christmas card I love the background!
Hope you are well
Hugs
Tamara

Cat said...

Your card is just stunning! Love the blue background!

Amanda R said...

Love how you popped him up for some dimension and the embossing folder you used for the background, great paper too! Off to the next comment!

Delphine said...

Super cool image indeed and fantastic card, Mary! The design is brilliant and the icy colours fantastic! Hugs Delphine xx

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!!! You get it right every time Mary! xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is STUNNINGKY GORGEOUS, totally amazing, hugs pops x x x

Vicky said...

I love it hun..! fantastic image and super layout hun...!

have a lovely evening hugs Vicky xx

Sue U said...

What a cool card for a boy! Great image, and love those papers (I think I have a little bit of that somewhere!!)

Sue xx

Unknown said...

This is amazing Mary, so cool and fresh... PS Did I ever tell you my sister is also Mary :) xxx

MiamiKel said...

THis is awesome in so many ways! I think I am becomming your biggest fan! I spent an hour the other day going backwards on your blog just take it all in - what talent!!

Kim Dellow said...

Just wonderful Mary! Totally love all that sparkle. Kimx

Julie said...

Fab card - that glittery paper is amazing! x

coops said...

fantastic mary.love the icy colours and stunning image and design :D

xx coops xx

SemSee said...

Oooh, I love this. Gorgeous colours. I want to make Christmas cards now, LOL! Hugs, Sem x

Scrumplescrunch said...

Stunning, what more can I say!
Smiles:)

Mrs.B said...

Fab card Mary, love the image and the papers. Great embossing and 'snowy hills'
Avril

Fabiola said...

oh trop super, j'aime beaucoup, biz

The Sticky Elf said...

I love how you've used the embossing folder.
Nxxx

Lorraine said...

Very cool, Mary J! Love that snowboarding image and how you created the winter "scene"!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

So much dimension to this. I think that is pretties blue. Love this card.

Sandy said...

A great scene, fab embellishments. A great image and coloured so well as usual!
Sandy

Theresa said...

Fabulous card!! Love how you cut the paper and put blue snow on the mounds. Fabulous coloring on such a cute image.

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

Mary, this is a terrific blue and white colored xmas card and great that it's a masculine image too! Love everything about it right down to the twine!
Thanks for joining us at Wags'n Whiskers and good luck
Hugs
Tammy Louise

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin