My lovely Blogger followers!

Saturday 13 August 2011

Happy Anniversary cards

Isn't it strange how similar things turn up at the same time?!  A previous boss of mine who is now one of my best friends is reaching his 30th wedding anniversary very soon and there's a big post party this Sunday to celebrate it.  AND then, it's my in-law's 40th anniversary August and we are holding a lunch party for them on the UK Bank Holiday weekend!  Both couples are very traditional - a very difficult style for me as I like cute and sassy!  I ended up using the very same layout for both, just using different papers...

 


 



I'm not sure if I like them!  I think they are ok but feel they need something 'extra' - whatever that is though, I don't know!!  I'm not good with embellishing, always seem to make my cards look messy - any suggestions, please let me know!!!

Okay, before I go, just a reminder that we have a DT call for Make It Monday!  You have up to Sunday to apply by simply sending an email to Michelle at at mgissel70@yahoo.com.au!  We are a lovely bunch and you also get to use freebies from our sponsors!  Now, form an orderly queue....




I am entering my cards into the Crafts and Me challenge to include numbers and Paper Pretties to use die cuts.


Paper/cardstock: Bazzill cardstock, Websters Pages Hollywood Vogue & Wonderfall paper pack
Stamps: My Favorite Things Textile Rectangle stamp set (from Dies to Die For here), sentiments printed from PC using Embassy PC font
Mediums: Vermark black ink, VersaMagic chalk inks
Accents: Bazzill Bling flowers, stamen from stash, Prima leaves
Tools:
My Favorite Things Textile Rectangle die (from Dies to Die For here), Nestabilities label die (inside cards)

31 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Very Traditional they are Mary, and beautifully designed, your recipients of the cards will love them I'm sure.
Smiles:)

Lisa Jane said...

They are both beautiful Mary , and look ok to me . Those flowers are so pretty
Lisa x

Fleur said...

Oh Mary this is perfect. Gorgeous flower.
Big HUGZ Fleur xXx

Vicky said...

OH WOW.....for something that is usually not your style.......WOWWW......these are sooooo gorgeous & they dont need another thing hun.. They are perfect the way they are shug.

Lotsa hugs Vickyx xx

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Very elegant and grown-up! Beautiful cards, Mary.

heidy said...

Those are very beautiful Mary J,I don't think they need anything else !
XXX Heidy

Ciska said...

I really like them Mary, maybe you think they're missing something because they are a little different from your usual style with a main image, but I think they are gorgeous and show off your versatility :) I think the happy couples will love them!:)

Amanda R said...

I think if you add anything more it will look too fussy. You just aren't use to this style cause they look great! I am always into whimsical too so these would be difficult for me also.

RoseC said...

Mary J, your die cut sentiments looks fabulous on these great anniversary cards. Lovin' that number in your greetings too! So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's Make It Count challenge. ~ Rose

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anita said...

These are lovely Mary J and I think the flowers are gorgeous!

coops said...

oh wow now these are fantastic mary.certainly need NOTHING else adding.i love the traditional and vintage looks and the flowers and papers are really beautiful.
i really love these :D

xx coops xx

Sandy said...

Both are wonderful cards, but my favourite is the first one, Love the DSP papers and the flowers are beautiful
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Nope, they don't need anything else at all Mary; they're gorgeous as they are! Very elegant and unusual designs - I love them. xx

Delphine said...

Not your usual style, but beautifully done and very elegant! I love the papers and layout and the flowers are gorgeous! Have a lovely evening! Hugs Delphine xx

Nikbee said...

Beautiful cards. I love those flowers.
Nikki x

Chrissy said...

Both are beautiful cards Mary J, exactly the same but look totally different, fabulous,really lovely.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary, these are absolutely gorgeous! I have missed seeing your fab creations lately but have just had a peek and they are all brilliant!
Helen x

Kathleen said...

I wonder if it is the fact that you have not used a stamped image (I mean a person or animal) that you feel they are not right. But they are really really lovely. They certainly do not need anything else, they are perfect.

Kath x

Paula L said...

Oh I think you ROCK traditional!! these are truly stunning Mary J!!

xxx

Alice said...

these are so pretty! gorgeous card, Mary!

DesignerDiva said...

They maybe different to your usual style but they are still fabulous!!

Hugs Laurie x

Theresa said...

Mary, these cards are stunning. Love the DPs and the flowers. Simply lovely cards.

Unknown said...

Hi Mary J., wow hun I love what you did with these cards. It's the perfect designpaper for something like this and your cards turned out very elegant and sophisticated. It's true when you do a card for someone you try to meet their taste and it's difficult when that is not your own preference. But it does make you move out of ytour comfort zone which is always challenging and sometimes surprising. Hugs, Frea

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie these are stunning, i am loving the shape of the sentiments so elegant looking x x xx

Silli said...

Very pretty Mary, love the sentiment and the big flowers...Pretty!

Fabiola said...

oh elles sont d'une classe toutes les deux, je ne pourrais pas choisir, biz

Sue U said...

Wow, two really classy and elegant cards, they look amazing!

Sue xx

Kim Dellow said...

Well I think you have rocked traditional! Fab cards Mary. Kim

Gibmiss said...

Hi Mary J
Gorgeous cards ....stunning ...very stylish ....love to receive one of your cards...Fabulous
Hugs Sylvie
xx
Thanks for nice comment on my card....x

kadie said...

Simply stunning cards!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin