My lovely Blogger followers!

Tuesday 4 August 2009

At last - a challenge, but first...

Yay! One of my very good friends who is living in Dubai for the next couple of years has just had a baby girl! She already has two little boys and - even though she adores them - really wanted a daughter this time round. I'm so pleased her wish came true! And at last I have an excuse to make my very first card for my blog! I'm already thinking about the design, but I thought it would be interesting to share a card I made for my cousin's new arrival last summer and then compare it to the new card.





I'm not sure if I like this card! It was a first attempt at putting something together using my own imagination. I think I got the colour combination right and I was sort of on the right lines, but overall it completely misses the mark! Hey ho! I think the main problem with it is proportion, specifically the tag with the heart and sentiment and the buttons too. I DO like that I attempted a vintage look, but I DON'T like that it is far too plain for the look. I don't think vintage is really my style, but then again I'm not sure what my natural style is yet!


Okay, I'm very excited about making a card for a special friend and I want it to be really special as we are so far apart from each other. And, yes, I know I only have two days left to get my very first card up on my blog (panic setting in, lol!!).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin