My lovely Blogger followers!

Tuesday 18 August 2009

Wedding card

At last! I've created the wedding card for my friend! I mulled over it for ages because I wanted it to be perfect for her. Not sure if I achieved that but I think it's a style she'll like - simple and elegant. What do you think...?



I spent ages looking at all of the gorgeous papers I've bought and got myself into a twist with the choice! I turned to my stamp collection (not those kind of stamps!) and found a Gel-a-Tins damask stamp that I haven't touched yet (and there's a lot more of those, I can tell you!). I decided to create my own background. At first I wanted to get that flock look and tried various inks to make the flock stick to it, but it just wasn't giving me the coverage I was looking for! I abandoned the idea and just inked it up with my favourite Versafine black ink. After putting it all together, I felt it was a bit flat so I used Liquid Pearls in the middle of each "flower" of the Hero Arts background stamp. Not sure if you can see it in the photo below...



So, still not sure if I love it, but I do like it. Any advice on improving it would be most welcome!


Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Stamps: Hero Arts Dots & Flowers, Gel-a-Tins Wallpaper Series #1, sentiment from the Papermania Boutique stamp set
Mediums: Versafine Onyx Black ink, Liquid Pearls Silver Pearl
Accents: Anita's silver satin ribbon, Anita's silver organza ribbon
Tools: Fiskars Scallop Sentiment border punch

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin