My lovely Blogger followers!

Monday 10 August 2009

Couldn't resist it!

Some time ago I discovered The Greeting Farm and I immediately fell in love with Miss Anya and all her friends. I've got quite a collection now and use any excuse to use them. Well any excuse except for challenges! If you've been reading my other blog entries, you'll know by now that I have found it really hard to find the time to make cards, hence creating my own blog to pressure myself to develop my skills! I've wanted to play the many challenges out there, but never managed to join. Then the other day I came across a new blog called "Anyone for Anya?" with a weekly Sunday challenge - and guess what? I made a card for it - I couldn't resist it! Here's the sketch if you want to play along...


And here is my card for it...




I don't think I'm up to scratch to be a member of their design team, but I enjoyed creating the card anyway! I was quite faithful to the design even though Dawny P said we could be flexible with it. I used my Copic Caios to colour in the deer - I love shading! - and a white gel pen to add the spots on her (his?!) back. I also used some pearlescent chalk as shading - unfortunately you can't see it from the photo but it has a lovely subtle sheen. I also wanted to give the green matting a bit more interest so I distressed some Core'dinations pricked a border. I left the inside quite plain so I can add something appropriate when something appropriate turns up!! I hope you like it!


Papers/cardstock: My Minds Eye - Bloom & Grow paper pack, Core'dinations cardstock
Stamps: The Greeting Farm - Forest Friends
Mediums: Pebbles Inc pearlescent chalks, Copic Caios
Accents: none for a change!
Tools: Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Square Large

2 comments:

Kimberly Crawford said...

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog today!! I LOVE your blog! All your cards are darling and you definately have an eye for what works together!! Thanks for the giant smile!! :)
kimberly

Meahni Pieterse said...

Hi Mary J, your cards are gorgeous! This one is just precious, stunning job.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin