My lovely Blogger followers!

Monday 6 December 2010

Snowie cuties!

Hello all!  Did you have a super weekend?  Spent mine inside avoiding the all that snow from last week!  Unfortunately, it meant I had to do a ton of housework and decorating - boo!

Anyhoo, back to the reason why you're here - cards!  In my drive to get all my Xmas cards done, I have created two more to show you today.  The first is for the All That Scraps monthly Magnolia challenge to make "something for Christmas". 

This first card uses the gorgeous Magnolia doily die - it's so luscious!  But it only cuts one half and then you have to flip it over and align it to cut the other half - easy when you know how but tricky when you don't!  You can't see from the photos, but I've used Fun Flock on snowie's ear muffs, top, gloves and hat.



In this second card using another Snowie (yes, I loved him so much I bought all three original Snowies!), I wanted to practice my background shading so I used that lovely Copics Shadow Blue - it was far too strong but I managed to fade it a bit with the blender - more practice methinks!  I've also shaped banner with the sentiment so that it looks like it's waving in the wind - I've been wanting to do this for ages but couldn't get the waves to stay!  I've found it's best with thin card and I shaped it around a pen.




Back tomorrow with a Totally Ladybug Tuesday challenge and it's an excellent one so come and see all the DT inspiration!


I am alo entering these cards into the following challenges:


Snowie with Bells
Paper/cardstock: Bazzill cardstock, October Afternoon Good Cheer paper pack
Stamps: Magnolia Snowie with Bells, Pink Petticoat digi sentiment, Lizzie Anne Designs sentiment (inside card)
Mediums: Copics, Fun Flock
Accents: Bazzill floss, bakers twine, BasicGrey button, Papermania pearls
Tools: Magnolia Doily and Doily border dies, Tonics border punch system, Nestabilities label die (inside card)
 
Snowie with Star
Paper/cardstock: Bazzill cardstock, Bazzill bling cardstock, October Afternoon Good Cheer paper pack
Stamps: Magnolia Snowie with Star, CC Designs sentiments
Mediums: Copics, Fun Flock
Accents: Bazzill floss, bakers twine, BasicGrey buttons, ribbons from stash
Tools: My Favorite Things border die, Nestabilities label die (inside card), Marianne Designs snowflake die

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two fab cards! Love the colours and layouts. Those snowmen are really cute and your colouring is great! Love the banner too.
Helen x

cowboydutrem said...

Lovely cards, espeacially the first one with PEARLS!!!

chris said...

2 beautiful cards mary,love how you decorate the inside too, they are finished off perfectly.
hugs chris xx

Unknown said...

WOwser, great cards Mary, I'm not getting anything done, my mother in law is in the hospital so I'm running up and down, and this weekend was my hubby's birthday....:( Hope to get something done today.
Greetz, Frea

Michelle said...

Hi Mary J

Two more stunning Christmas cards, you're on a roll now girl!

These snowmen are just so super cute.

I really love that music print paper on the first card.

Michelle :-)

Hanne said...

Beautiful cards with nice stamps and layout:)

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous cards Mary, love the cute Snowmen.
luv
Debby

Sandra P said...

Both cards are equally adorable! Love the black framing and the those snowflakes :)

Thanks for joining Paper Romance this week!

Hugs,
Sandra P

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh what SWEETNESS!

Highland Handmade said...

Those papers are stunning, and your cards are adorable! another 2 I just love! x

jackiescrafts said...

Both your cards are gorgeous I love the papers you have used.
Thanks for joining in at CYDA this time

Jackie x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Mary! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your snowies! thanks so much for linking up to the ATS Magnolia challenge! So glad you played a long with your charming creations!!! yea!
Pam Going Postal

Silli said...

Beautiful card MAry, love the cute snowman, love the colors... Wonderful details...HUGS

Lisa Jane said...

These snowmen are my favourites .. i love them both .. but i think the first card just wins my heart lol.. i love everything about it
Lisa ;)

Kiki said...

Both cards are fantastic! Really love these snowmen!

Thanks so much for joining us at SAM this week.

Hugs, Kiki

Carol Ann said...

Two lovely Christmas cards the snowman and the snowlady are very cute!. Thanks for playing along at CYDA this time.
Carol Ann xx

pinky said...

They are so gorgeous Mary, just love the papers you have used, especially in the first one. Hugs
Pinky

Pami said...

These are so cute Mary!! Loving the papers as well. Take care hon. Pami x

Carly said...

Just adorable!! What a great mix of colors and pattern. Hugs, Carly

Anita said...

Beautiful cards Mary. I love snowmen...I think they're all so cute. As always, your coloring is beautiful and the papers are so pretty. I really love that doily die...think I might have to go shopping for one of those!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! These are awesome! They're both so cute I can't pick a favourite.

Dazie said...

Beautiful papers they are really gorgeous, fab card!


Thanks for joining us over at craft your days away!
Dazie
x

Mummylade said...

such gorgeous cards! thank you so much for entering the Allsorts lightchallenge and good luck!

Fleur said...

Gorgeous cards, both very lovely
Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin