My lovely Blogger followers!

Tuesday 21 December 2010

Totally Ladybug Tuesday challenge -

It's a Totally Ladybug Tuesday - yay!  I hope you all enjoyed our Christmas blog hop last week - the winner of my prize is Monika!  Monika, email us at lcichallengeblog@aol.com with your address to claim your prize!

Now onto the challenge and this week that uber talented Tams has challenged us to be inspired by a song title!  I have a terrible memory and can never remember any, but I do know "Walking the Dog" by The Rolling Stones as Steve often hums it when we're walking our Labs.  So I had no choice but to use Dog Walking Nikki for my card, hadn't I?!

After all those Xmas quick makes last week with those paper collections (which I always makes me feel like I'm cheating!), I wanted to stretch myself a bit so I tried my hand at Distress Ink watercolouring for the very first time.  DT pal, Anita, does the most amazing watercolouring with them and we got her to give us her tips - and here's my very first effort...




And a close up of my watercolouring...


So what do you think, Anita?!!  I need a lot more practice - I just couldn't get the smooth shading and blending like I can with my Copics and ProMarkers!  Still, I like the overall effect of the card and I can definitely see that some images are better suited to watercolouring.  I kept the card pretty simple to showcase the image - it's not as dark as it looks in real life!

Now head on over to the Ladybug Crafts Ink challenge blog to see the list of winners of last week's Christmas blog hop and - best of all - the gorgeous DT makes!!


I am entering this card into the following challenges:


Paper/cardstock: Bazzill cardstock, BasicGrey Marjolaine paper pack
Stamps: Ladybug Crafts Ink Dog Walker Nikki (buy her here), It's Only Words 2 (buy the set here)
Mediums: Distress Inks, Copics (for the skin)
Accents: ribbon from stash
Tools: EK Success border punch, Nestabilities rectangle dies

30 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Wowee Mary - i think your colouring is fabulous ... and i love that image .
WE are all going to be humming songs today .. it will make the day fly by
Lisa ;)

pinky said...

Its brilliant Mary, your colouring is something else. Great image for a great song title.

Kerry said...

Right ... Fess up Mary J...this is Anita's card and you're passing it off as your own!!! LOL...you are one clever cookie and have picked up the colouring brilliantly...I wouldn't have known that was your first attempt. Gorgeous card...love the pp. Not sure I know that song..must have been before my time lol. xx ps will dig out my ai's over the hols and have a practise...hope I have that green cuz it's flab!

cowboydutrem said...

Wow I love it! Love the image and love the colors!

heidy said...

Oh wow,this is stunning Mary!!!
Hugs Heidy

Helen Ann said...

Gorgeous card and fab colouring, love the layout and those papers complement the image perfectly

Hope you and the rest of the ladybugs have a fab Christmas

Hel xox

Nina Macaulay said...

Wow Mary!
Is this really your first effort?!
You did a great job!
Love the colours too.

Merry christmas to you and yours :O)

Hugs Nina xx

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS!!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

I love the image, it's soooooo cute and your colouring is awesome whatever the medium.

Whimsey said...

Oh my, LOVE IT; your coloring is superb, you did a great job! Love the paper and that twill ribbon - swoon! Beautiful!

Happy Holidays; hugs!!

Melody said...

So cute! Your coloring is amazing!

So how close to you live to London? I have a sister who live there.

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Hi Mary,
Your calendar project actually inspired to make one for myself and it's taking me ages too!
I'm happy that you received my card despite the weather. I have not got yours yet but there's still plenty of time :-)

Ingrid said...

How great that you are going to join our team at ASFOS! Your creations are beautiful and it's lovely to have you as a collegue. Welcome!
Hugs Ingrid

Jovita AKA Tia Goofy said...

beautiful card! love the ribbon. Have a very Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Fab card Mary! You have coloured it brilliantly, love the papers and layout too!
Helen x

Vicky said...

Another stunning card Mary!, fab image and love the papers too,
hugs Vicky xx

NGCARDS said...

This is a fabulous card hun love that image xxx

Fleur said...

Hi Mary, I love this image its fab. Your colouring is perfect.
Hugz fleur xXx

Pami said...

I think everyone before me has already said it Mary! The colouring is brilliant. I really want to try that technique as well, yours looks amazing. And a great image for the song title! Pami x

Michelle said...

Hi Mary J

Great, now I have that song stuck in my head! LOL.

Your colouring looks fantastic!

The layout is perfect really shows off that great image.

Michelle :-)

Anita said...

OMGosh Mary J, this is beautiful. I can't believe this is your first try. Believe me, I wouldn't show my first few tries...they were really bad lol! I think you've done an amazing job with your watercoloring and you'll be the pro at it in no time. And isn't it fun to have an alternate way to color your images, and use all those ink pads that were collecting dust lol? I love your dp and ribbon too.

Delphine said...

Your card is gorgeous, Mary (like all the cards I have seen on your blog!)! I love the colours and your Distress Ink colouring is fantastic! Great layout and DP too! Thanks for your visit to my blog and for following me too:-) Have a Merry Christmas! Hugs Delphine xx

Highland Handmade said...

Wow it is absolutely beautiful! I think your distress ink colouring looks just flab!! really love your card the papers and everything are perfect! xx

Ann Whitfield said...

I love this Mary, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Doreen said...

Wow this is fabulous.Thanks for sharing at CYDA.xxx

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

OH MY!!! Mary J this is amazing, your colouring is stunning, just think what you're going to be like in a few cards time?!!?!? WOW!!!
Gorgeous card and I love that twill! Love the BG papers too! xxx

iReneM said...

Brilliant card, Mary!! Your colouring looks good to me :-)
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's

x

Sue U said...

WOW, love this card, fab colours in the PP and amazing colouring, I still need to try using the distress inks but need to pluck up the courage first!!

Like Kerry, I have no recollection of that song what-so-ever :-) Sue xx

Aunty Sue said...

brilliant card and thanks for joining crafty catz

Promosyon said...

Gorgeous shaped card! Love the blue and white color combo and your coloring of the image too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin