My lovely Blogger followers!

Tuesday 7 December 2010

Totally Ladybug Tuesday - show us your pearlies!

No, no, no, don't start taking photos of your teeth for us!!  This week Gaelle has challenged us at the Totally ladybug Tuesday to use pearls on our projects - and a great excuse to use up some of my long forgotten stash!  So what do you think...?





I used Tree Trimming Ruby - isn't she just gorgeous?  I love her whimsical look, she's so so pretty!  I placed the pearls using a Bazzill Basics Jewel template - these are so cool, no more wobbly patterns for me!  I also used Stickles glue glitter on her wings and Just Glitter gold pen on the tree decorations - a little touch of bling!  I couldn't do my usual back stitch as I ran out of that floss so I ended up just doing a running stitch so it doesn't look very good - hey ho, everyone's a critic, lol!!

The other DT cards are - once again - just gorgeous!  Go here to the challenge blog to get your weekly dose of inspiration!  And don't forget, in the shop there is December's special offer of buy one, get one half price!


I am entering my card into the following challenges:



Paper/cardstock: Bazzill cardstock, Memory Box Inc Mistletoe paper pack
Stamps: Ladybug Crafts Ink Tree Trimming Ruby (buy here), CC Designs sentiments
Mediums: Copics, Stickles glitter glue, Just Glitter pen in gold
Accents: lace from stash, Papermania adhesive backed pearls, Bazzill floss
Tools: Nestabilities square and scallop square dies, EK Success border punch and Nestabilities label die (inside card)

27 comments:

cowboydutrem said...

These pearl scallops are beautiful!

Lisa Jane said...

Its beautiful Mary - i love the little image - so cute .. and the pearl scallops are fabulous and make the card look so luxurious
Lisa ;)

Unknown said...

Hi Mary, what a stunning card!! LOVE those pearls it almost looks as if it is a ready made pearl edge. You can never get them so straight sticking them by hand!! Great job! Hugs, Frea

Helen Ann said...

gorgeous card, i love that image, and love the pearl scallops
Hel x

Michelle said...

Hi Mary J

Wow, stunning card. The scolloped pearl border looks amazing. Thanks for the the tip about the Bazil Basics Jewel template thingy. I will have to look around for one of those.

Thank you for linking up to Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

So pretty!!! I really love the way you use border punches on your cards.

Shirley-Anne said...

hello Mary J . Am calling in after being to Michelle's Make it Monday . Very stylish ...and whimsical . love the layout and your background papers . thanks for the tip on pearl placings.
Good luck with challenges .

Cindy Haffner said...

Mary this is BEAUTIFUL!!

Michele Kovack said...

Gorgeous card! Your coloring is perfect and I love the lil pearls!

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

Wow!! Mary J, this is gorgeous!!! Those templates are a brilliant idea aren't they! Such a beautiful card!! xx

Whimsey said...

So beautiful; those pearls really add the perfect touch and Ruby looks beautiful decorating the tree! Love the sparkle!

pinky said...

So so pretty Mary, I love that image and she is on my wishlist now. Love the little scallop of pearls.
Pinky

chris said...

Hi Mary stunning as always.

Jovita AKA Tia Goofy said...

Very pretty card!

Melody said...

Such a sweet image and I love how you used the pearls!

Pattie said...

Super cute! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something!

Mina said...

wow Mary I love the image and papers together and I love the pearl scallop, I may have to case that idea lol...thanks for entering my blogaversary candy and good luck with it
Mina xxx

Anonymous said...

Pretty card! love the pearls and fab image.
Helen x

Anita said...

It's absolutely stunning Mary J. Beautiful image and I really love those papers...Memory Box always has such pretty papers. That pearl scallop is GORGEOUS, as us the lace that you added.

Vicky said...

Such a gorgeous card Mary J!, love the image and fab papers too,
hugs Vicky x

Unknown said...

Hello,
This is my first visit to your blog and your cards are GORGEOUS!! I love how you decorate the inside...too beautiful.
Alicia xx

Pami said...

Hi Mary, I wondered what you were talking about in your first line!! Loving the card, it has a kind of shabby chic feel about it. I'm loving the jewel template thingy, will have to look into that. Hope you feel better soon. Pami x

Highland Handmade said...

I love Ruby, and this card is just so pretty! absolutely love it x

Sue U said...

Lovely card, great colours and fabulous use of the pearls... Love it! Sue xx

Kerry said...

Oh Mary J this is gorgeous! Love the pp...love the pearls...love everything! Another flabulous card :-D xx

Dorte said...

So pretty Mary, lovely image and papers. I realy like that you have decorated the innside.Thank you for sharing your creation with us at ABC Christmas Challenge this time and good luck.
hugs Dorte

Lacey Stephens said...

Fantastic card! Thank you so much for playing along with our "Y" challenge. We currently have a blog hop running through the end of the year with a new challenge of "Z is for Zero Time". There are a few prizes as well as blog candy along the way. We would love to have you play along again!!
Have a very Merry Christmas and safe New Year.
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com
ABC Christmas Challenge DT

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin